In addition to personal donations I am looking to local businesses for support in a number of ways. Supporters will receive recognition through various promotional channels commensurate with the value of support offered.
- Make a financial donation.
Each of the 3 charities has its own donation page on Just Giving and can be accessed via links on the home page.
- Costs are estimated to be in the order of £7,500 pounds and roughly break down as follows:
- Specialist clothing (boots, jacket etc.) £ 500
- Navigation (maps, GPS tracker etc.) £ 800
- Accommodation (60 nights in B&B) £ 3,000
- Professional support (mountain guides, medical etc.) £ 650
- Promotional materials (web site, logo shirts etc.) £ 600
- Fuel (estimated 2,500 mile round trip) £ 500
- Food (estimated 60 days at £20 for 2 people) £ 1,200
Contributions can be made against total costs or towards specific items.
- Donate a raffle / auction prize.
Once the walk is complete there will be a post-event charity dinner. The venue will be close to Wokingham (no more than 10 miles). During the evening there will be a raffle and an auction. Donations of ‘prizes’ for either will make a significant difference to the success of the evening.
- Purchase one or more Charity Dinner tickets.
The charity dinner will be held on Friday 1st July 2016 at Sindlesham Court, Winnersh. Tickets are £50 per person or £400 for a table of 10. Tickets can be secured for a deposit of £10 per ticket.
- Display a poster / notice promoting the event.
Displaying an A4 poster to promote the charitable opportunity to the public or employees will help with promotion and will be much appreciated.
- Take a collecting box.
Collection tins from the two national charities (Cure Leukaemia and Breast Cancer UK) are available on request. These will be provided with an appropriate poster to promote what the collection is for.
- Establish a deeper relationship with The Holt School
The Holt School Trust raises money in support of various improvement projects at the school. The Trust is always looking to local businesses for on-going sponsorship opportunities.
For those who would like to make a larger contribution there are 3 specific packages available:
|Bronze: > £100||– An entry on the ‘Special Thanks’ page on the web site detailing contribution and how it has helped.|
|Silver: > £500||As per Bronze plus:
– 2 tickets for the charity dinner plus recognition of support during the dinner.
|Gold: > £1,000||As per Silver plus:
– Signage recognition on our Land Rover through to the end of the charity dinner.
To discuss the above opportunities in more detail, or any other ways in which you would be willing to contribute, please email: